There are few things in the world that we love more than Classic, Southern Pecan Pie. Scroll down for the details…
Classic Pecan Pie
- 1 pre-baked, 9-inch pie shell (homemade or store-bought)
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups pecans
- 1 2/3 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F and position oven rack to middle of the oven. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish.
- Prepare pie shell according to (packaging) directions.
- Place pecans in food processor and pulse for 5 seconds, or until roughly chopped. Note: if you don’t have a food processor, place nuts in a re-sealable plastic bag and use a rolling pin or other heavy objects to roughly chop/break them into smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, honey, butter and vanilla extract.
- Fold in pecans and mix so they’re thoroughly coated. Then pour over hot crust.
- Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until filling has set.
- Remove and let cool completely before serving.