Let’s give thanks to eggs, sour cream, cheddar, Parmesan and chives for giving leftover mashed potatoes (Or fresh – if you don’t have any leftovers!) a new lease on life!
No more pushing them to the back of your refrigerator hoping they’ll disappear. This will make you wish for leftovers.
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- 1 heaping cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter 8 – 9 of the wells of a cupcake pan – preferably nonstick.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk the eggs then whisk in the sour cream. Mix in both cheeses and the chives.
- Taste the potatoes and season them with salt and pepper if needed. Add them to the bowl and mix well.
- Spoon them into the pan filling the cups just to the top or a little below.
- Bake 25 – 35 minutes until they pull away from the sides of the cup and are golden brown all over.
- Remove from oven and let them cool 5 minutes in pan. Turn them out onto a platter. Serve with sour cream.