- 1 large (9 inch) pie crust
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutmeg – to dash on top
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare pie pan with pie crust.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Once fully combined and slightly fluffy, add flour and eggs.
- Mix well. You can use a hand mixer for this, or beat with a fork until fully combined and smooth.
- Stir in buttermilk and vanilla extract. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Dash nutmeg on top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 – or until done. A fork or toothpick inserted into the middle should come out cleanly. The pie will still be slightly jiggly after baking.
- Allow time to cool and set before serving, usually an hour at the very least.