3⁄4 cup white sugar
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
2 cups half-and-half cream
1⁄2 cup whipping cream
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
1⁄4 cup cornstarch
1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup real butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
- In sauce pan combine, white sugar, salt, half-and-half and whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- In another sauce pan, combine Br.sugar & cornstarch.
- Gradually whisk in hot mixture into br.sugar mixture.
- Add margarine/or butter (to me this makes it even better.).
- Cook over med. heat, whisk constantly, 5 min or until thick.
- Simmer 1 minute and stir in van.
- Pour into uncooked pie shell and sprinkle w/cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- I recommend recipe #126072 for this pie.